Come and try our exciting activity... Archery!
Do you want to learn the historical skills and traditions of archery?
Are you looking for a different way to entertain clients, or a change from theusual staff night out?
Are you having a birthday party – for young or old?
Then this is for you!
Prove your marksmanship skills by trying out one of the UK's fastest growing sports.
We have a 12m indoor archery bay with floating targets for you to try your hand at more historic shooting skills.
Archery has seen a dramatic surge in interest since the blockbuster heroine Katniss Everdeen, who sports a bow and arrow as her weapon of choice, burst onto our screens in the "The Hunger Games" book and movie series.
There's absolutely no denying that archery is a cool sport. Whether you’re a fantasy series fanatic or a history buff, young or old, archery appeals to all generations and the bow and arrow has been one of the most popular
weapons for tens of thousands of years.
Come and talk to some of our excellent instructors, who will show you around and tell you about the facilities available. Following a safety briefing you will be able to try shooting a bow using different games and targets to test your skill all under supervision from your instructor!
Don’t worry, all of the necessary equipment will be provided as we have a range of different bows for both left- and right-handed archers. Your instructor will be on hand to improve your technique, provide tips and answer any questions you may have.
If you want to be a regular, we have a members club where you recieve free sessions.
For more information on our Shoot/Archery Club Membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Archery and Shoot Session
Includes an archery session using different games and targets to test your skill and shooting across two ranges using pistols and rifles. Includes all briefing,ammo and gas.
Session usually last 1 hour.
You are ready to take on our Archery experience if:
- You are ready to be challenged but have fun!
- You are active and participate in sports from time to time and feel physically fit.
- You are not under medical supervision at present and your mobility is not restricted.
- You are over 10 years of age.
- You are able to understand and follow basic safety instructions.
- You are not under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
- You are not Pregnant
You are unable to take part in Archery if you have:
- Dislocated a shoulder injury.
- Freshly Stitched wounds.
- You feel you are unable to handle a weapon for any reason.
- Unable to lift and draw a bow
You should seek medical advice if you have:
- Osteoporosis or a similar bone illness.
- Heart Problems
- Back, Neck or Disc problems
If you are concerned about any of the above statements or need to let a member of staff know something it is important that you do this before booking.
Visit our contact us page to get in touch.
- There are 4 choices of range, 1 for archery and 3 shooting lanes.
- The 3 shooting lanes are designed to be used with air powered rifles or pistols. they are a Carnival style lane, Instant LED target Speed range and a 12m variable distance target range.
- The archery range is only designed to be used with a suitable specification bow and arrow.
- There are 3 designated shooter positions per lane (all lanes)
- Lane one has been created in a carnival style with knock down and moving targets for the most amount of fun and visual entertainment. It's the perfect range for the younger ones in your group.
- Lane two has been designed for pistols with speed as well as accuracy in mind. Go head to head with your opponents by firing on instant light up LED targets in a battle to acrew the most points. The speed range uses the most up to date scoring system which keeps track of your scores as you accumulate your own points and, if you're quick enough, the chance to claim your friends points too!
- Lane 3 is our specially designed 12m archery range with floating targets and 3 shooter positions, complete with quiver stations.
- Lane 4 is our 12m precision firing range. With variable distance targets, which can be operated by an electronic switch, you can send your personal target away to several points on the wire or bring it home to check out how you did and change your paper target. To be used with either pistols or rifles.
- Each package comes complete with your weapon or bow hire, a standard amount of ammunition or arrows, basic targets and an instrcutor to guide you through your session.
- A variety of weapons upgrades can be purchased at the beginning of your session or extra time, gun hire and ammunition can be purchased at the end so that you can continue to get your eye in.
How long before my session do I need to arrive
- Customers need to arrive on site 15 minutes before their session for check in, safety briefings and orientation time. Failure to do this may result in you missing your session.
Do I need a licence?
- No you do not need a licence to experience archery. We can show you the basic and give you hints and tips on how to become an expert archer in no time.
What is the minimum age that you have to be to take part?
- The minimum age for archery is 8 and minimum age for shooting is 10 years old.
Is there a minimum height or weight for taking part in an archery experience?
- No but all participants must be able to handle and draw a bow.
How many people can take part at the same time?
- Three people are able to shoot at the same time. This means you are able to compete with up to two other people at once. Our standard sessions last around 30 minutes and have a maximum of 6 people per session. Larger groups booking private hire can take turns to go head to head with one another throughout the session and collect scores at the end.
I have a bad back, shoulder or neck, should I do archery?
- The bows require a certain amount of strength and mobility in order to be able to draw the bowstring back effectively. You will also experience some tension followed by the rapid loss of that tension when you release the arrow. If you have a mild back or neck problem that wouldn't be effected by this, then as long as you are aware of the risks, we would be happy to allow you to take part.
- However if you are in any doubt we would advise you talk to your doctor for further advice before making your booking.
Can I get injured?
- If you do not release the arrow properly then you may experience some friction burns to your arm and fingers. We do provide you with arm protection and finger tabs to prevent this from happening. We also provide goggles to all lanegoers to protect against stray projectiles.
- A safetly briefing and instructor supervision throughout the session is designed to give every person on the range the necessary knowledge to prevent an incident happening.
What equipment do we need?
- Twinwoods supplies the equipment you need to do archery. There is no separate charge or hire fee for these unless you have chosen to privately hire* a lane without instruction. All you need to bring is your gift voucher or booking confirmation and comfortable clothing.
Is there a viewing gallery/area?
- Spectators are welcome to sit and watch the archers. Inside the range there is a small seating area. All spectators must also watch the safetly briefing if they are to enter the range.
Can I bring my own equipment?
- Twinwoods supplies the equipment you need to do archery as part of a session but you can chose to privately hire a lane and are welcome to bring along your own equipment provided it meets with our approval. You can purchase from the onsite shop if you need anything.To hire lanes by yourself you will need to sign up as a member.
Can I hire eqipment?
- Yes you can hire a bow and arrows for a small fee from our shop for use on the range you have privately hired.
Is there a members club?
Yes we have a members club for a small fee which allows you to privatley hire a lane and be invited to our themed events and receive a free lane hire every month. Just simply come in talk to one of our instructors and with a simple process you can join the same day.