Wind speeds of up to 180mph support your whole body in mid air, allowing you to really fly!
Ever wanted to fly like a bird, like a plane or like superman? Now you can at the #Bodyflight wind tunnel.
Ever imaged the exhilaration you would feel by jumping out of a plane but dared not venture to dizzying heights? Well now you can have the same adrenaline pumping experience without ever having to step foot on a plane.
Our expert staff are the world leaders in tunnel instructors so you can rest assured you will be looked after by the best!
As seen on TV and experienced by countless celebrities and personalities over the past 10 years.
- The Bodyflight wind tunnel has famously been used by many big names for filming and training for iconic blockbuster movie scenes as well as TV features and just for a great unique day out (You never know who you might spot)
- You may familiar with the blockbuster hit, James Bond Quantum of Solace? Both Daniel Craig and Olga Kurylenko underwent hours of training ahead of filming for the dramatic skydiving scene at the beginning of the movie which was all taken from clips recorded right here!
- Some of you may be keen followers of the F2Freestylers Football Trick'Stars' who also came in to show us their ball skills at zero gravity.
Summer Offer - Flight experience for one
Enjoy the experience of freefall in windspeeds of up to 180mph! This package is for one person and includes all instruction, kit and two flights in the wind tunnel
4 Flight Experience
Double the flight time of the 2 flight experience taster for only £10 extra, and learn to really fly with this 4 flight experience. This flight time is the equivalent of jumping from the stratosphere!
Experience 2 Flights - That's the equivalent of jumping out of a Boeing 747 at over 40,000ft (or 3 tandem skydives).
Share the tunnel and the fun with your family member or friend. Two of you flying at the same time with two of our instructors there to assist you. You each get one solo flight followed by two flights together.
You are ready to take on your experience if:
- You have always dreamt of flying and are ready to have fun!
- You are active or do sports from time to time, and feel fit.
- You are not under medical supervision at present and your ability to move is not restricted.
- You have no alcohol in your blood.
Special caution should be taken with:
- Back problems/disc problems
- Discloated shoulders in the past
- Freshly stitched wounds
- Osteoporosis or similar bone illnesses
- Heart problems
- Pregnancy (including during the first few months)
- If you weigh over 19.5st/123kg then you may have a slightly different experience to other flyers.
If you are concerned about any of the above statements or need to let a member of staff know something, it is important that you do this before booking. Visit our contact us page to get in touch.
- Bodyflight is a recirculation wind tunnel.
- Air is drawn up though the central flight chamber by the massive propeller at the top.
- The air passes the propeller and continues into the ‘Air returns’; these are the hollow walls surrounding the flight chamber.
- The air travels all the way down to the base of the tunnel where it is directed back upwards again into the flight chamber.
- The wind speeds here in the central part of the chamber are strong enough (up to 180mph) to support your whole body so this is where you'll be flying.
- At a diameter of 5m (16.4ft) and a flight area of 8m (26.25ft) tall, our tunnel offers flyers real space to manoeuvre!
- Producing up to 4000 HP of airflow, our size, power and air quality is unrivalled. All types of flyers are welcome develop and improve their skills, whether you’re a complete beginner or a world champion.
- Originally one of 5 wind tunnels on site built by the RAE (Royal Aircraft Establishment) in the 1950's to test the extreme limits of planes in flight.
- The Bodyflight wind tunnel was repurposed and converted in 2005 into the incredible facility you see today.
How long before my session do I need to arrive?
- Customers need to arrive on site 60 minutes before their session for check in, safety briefings and changing time. Failure to do this may result in you missing your session.
What is the minimum age that you have to be to fly?
- There is not set minimum age but we recommend at least 5 years old. We will not force anyone to take part in the activity but will do everything we can to ensure all participants feel confident and at ease.
Is there a maximum weight for taking part in a flying experience?
- There is no official maximum weight but it is worth noting that participants over 19.5 stone may have a different experience when flying.
Is there a maximum size for taking part in a flying experience?
- All we ask is that you fit into one of our specially design flight suits. We have these in a range of sizes from children's small to adult 3XL.
What equipment do we need?
- One layer of comfortable clothing is reccommedned. Shirts without collars are advisable, as are lace up trainers.
Is there a viewing gallery/area?
- Yes the tunnel has its own viewing gallery where you can see through large windows ito the flight chamber. It is free to use and for those that don't want to go through to the tunnel its self then you can take a seat outside in the reception area where we stream live video footage from inside the tunnel onto the television screens.
Can I leave my children and come back later?
- No. We ask that all under 18's are accompanied by an adult at all times. Adults are not required to participate in the experience with the under 18, they can simply just be a spectator. Although whilst taking part in the activity, the instructors and staff will control the environment, there must be a responsible adult on hand.
Can I buy photos of my flights?
- Whilst we cannot guarantee that photos and videos are always going to be available for every session they usually are available to purchase on the day.
- You can buy photo prints on the dayfrom only £8. Just ask a member of staff after your flight. Alternatively digital copies can be purchased online for upto 30 days after your session. However, after 30 days they will automatically be deleted and cannot be recovered.
- You can also purchase a USB stick with your groups video footage on the day for only £12.