Come and try our exciting new activity... SHOOT!
Do you want to challenge your friends and prove your skills as a top
Do you want to fire powerful guns that shoot with precision?
Do you want to improve your accuracy, acquire new skills whilst having fun and even learn to hit moving targets?
Then this is for you!
We have a wide range of fantastic guns for you to try. We have a variety of Co2 powered pistols and rifles. All are exact replicas of the real thing, but they fire small, safe pellets.
Our pistol lanes are action packed and full of fun with electronic scoring, instant light up LED targets and moving rounds to hit… All this as well as a more serious, precision firing bay.
Our excellent instructors will walk you through every step of your exciting challenge and will be on hand to answer questions, demonstrate correct technique and offer exciting upgrade packages.
With upgrades to specialist guns such as the P30, historically preferred by James Bond and the huge 44 Magnum, often claimed to be 'the most powerful hand gun in the world' which rose to fame with the Movie Dirty Harry, you really can feel like you’re starring in your own movie!
The great thing about the sport of target shooting is that you can choose your own level of challenge and compete against others in your group. It’s also a fantastic challenge as a solo activity - aiming to improve your last score and striving to increase accuracy from a greater distance. Ideal for all ages from 10 years +.
If you want to be a regular, we have a members club where you recieve free sessions.
For more information on our Shoot/Archery Club Membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note - Occasionally during the hours of 1600 - 1900, there is a Government-led directive that requires businesses, such as ours, to significantly reduce our electricity usage to ensure that there is enough capacity within the National Grid for consumers.
We are given very little notice as to when this may occur, and are required to immediately comply with the directive.
During this time, with regret, we will need to temporarily withdraw some of our facilitates.
If you are booked in to an Adventure during this period, and are likely to be affected, we will move you to a time outside of these hours.
We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause you.
Archery and Shoot Session
Includes an archery session using different games and targets to test your skill and shooting across two ranges using pistols and rifles. Includes all briefing,ammo and gas.
Session usually last 1 hour
VIP Shooting with full range of weapons to choose from!
We have Berettas, Winchesters, Uzi's, Colts, Magnums laser scopes, plus many many more
With the VIP package you get extra ammo and time to take full advantage of your upgraded guns.
Get to shoot pistols and rifles. Use two different lanes. Briefing, Ammo and gas included. Session usually last 30minutes.
You are ready to take on our shooting experience if:
- You are over 10 years of age.
- You are able to understand and follow basic safety instructions.
- You have no alcohol in your blood.
Special caution should be taken if:
- You suffer with back problems.
- You have a dislocated a shoulder in the past.
- You have osteoporosis or a similar bone illness.
- You are unable to lift and draw a bow.
- You feel you are unable to handle a weapon for any reason.
If you are concerned about any of the above statements or need to let a member of staff know something it is important that you do this before booking. Visit our contact us page to get in touch.
- There are 4 choices of range, 1 for archery and 3 shooting ranges.
- The 3 shooting ranges are designed to be used with air powered rifles or pistols. There is a carnival style range, an instant LED target speed range and a 12m variable distance target range.
- The archery range is intended for standard long bows.
- There are 3 designated shooter positions per lane.
- Range one has been created in a carnival style with knock down, moving targets. It is the perfect range for the younger ones in your group.
- Range two has been designed for pistols with speed and accuracy in mind. Go head to head with your opponents by firing at instant light up LED targets in a battle to accrue the most points. The speed range uses the most up-to-date scoring system which keeps track of your scores as you accumulate your own points and, if you're quick enough, the chance to claim your friends' points too!
- Range 3 is our specially designed 12m archery range with floating targets and 3 shooting positions, complete with quiver stations.
- Range 4 is our 12m precision firing range. With variable distance targets, which can be operated by an electronic switch, you can send your personal target away to several points on the wire or bring it home to check out how you did and change your paper target. To be used with either pistols or rifles.
- Each package comes complete with your weapon or bow hire, a standard amount of ammunition or arrows, basic targets and an instructor to guide you through your session.
- A variety of weapons upgrades can be purchased at the beginning of your session. Additional time and ammunition can be purchased at the end so that you can continue to get your eye in.
How long before my session do I need to arrive
- Customers need to arrive on site 15 minutes before their session for check in, safety briefings and orientation time. Failure to do this may result in you missing your session.
Do I need a licence?
- No, you do not need a gun licence to experience air rifle and pistol shooting. We will show you the basics and give you hints and tips on how to hone your marksmanship skills.
What is the minimum age that you have to be to take part?
- The minimum age for archery and shooting is 10 years old.
Is there a minimum height or weight for taking part?
- No. but all participants must be able to handle a gun and be able to pull the trigger.
How many people can take part at the same time?
- Three people are able to shoot at the same time. This means you are able to compete with up to two other people at once. Our standard sessions are 30 minutes and have a maximum of 6 people per session. Larger groups booking private hire can take turns to go head to head with one another throughout the session and collect scores at the end.
I have a bad back, shoulder or neck. Should I shoot?
- The air guns used on our range do not produce a 'kick back' like a shot gun or live firearm. However, the guns require a certain amount of strength and mobility to hold them steady and to pull the trigger effectively. If you have a mild back or neck problem that wouldn't be effected by this, then as long as you are aware of the risks, we would be happy to allow you to take part.
- If you are in any doubt we would advise you talk to your doctor before making your booking.
Can I get injured?
- Our safety briefing and instructor's supervision throughout the session is designed to give every person on the range the necessary knowledge to prevent an incident happening.
- We also provide goggles to all lanegoers to protect against stray projectiles.
What equipment do we need?
- Twinwoods supplies the equipment you need to shoot in our sessions. There is no separate charge or hire fee for these unless you have chosen to privately hire* a lane without instruction. All you need to bring is your gift voucher or booking confirmation and comfortable clothing.
I wear glasses or contact lenses, do I have to wear goggles?
- Despite the weapons being relatively low powered, due to the speed of the projectiles you must wear eye protection to prevent potential injury as the pellets and ball bearings can ricochet. If you wear glasses these are OK to wear during the session.
Is there a viewing gallery/area?
- Spectators are welcome to sit and watch the shooters. Inside the range there is a small seating area. All spectators must also watch the safety briefing if they are to enter the range.
Can I bring my own equipment?
- Twinwoods supplies the equipment you need to shoot as part of a standard session but you can chose to privately hire a lane and are welcome to bring along your own equipment provided it meets with our approval. You can purchase extra ammunition and CO2 cartridges from our shop or purchase new weapons. To hire lanes privately you will need to sign up as a member.
Can I hire equipment?
Yes you can hire a gun for a small fee and purchase ammunition and Co2 from our shop for use on the range you have privately hired.
Is there a members club?
Yes we have a members club for a small fee which allows you to privatley hire a lane and be invited to our themed events such as Zombie apocalypse and receive a free lane hire every month. Just simply come in talk to one of our instructors and with a simple process you can join the same day.