Massage is a very individual experience and has an enormous impact on all systems of the body. During our consultation we will advise you the best option to fit your personal unique requirements.
Listed below are our common treatments that can be focused on different body parts as necessary. For example: back, neck, leg, back and shoulders, or full body.
Want to make the most of your massage?
You can visit the pool, sauna and steam room for only £8 off-peak.
Just pay on the day – there’s no need to book!
What are the Contraindications to Massage or Therapy?
Massage and treatment is non-invasive, relaxing and natural. It is therefore generally considered a safe treatment for most people.
When you have any of these conditions, please do not book a massage:
- Contagious diseases, including any cold or flu, no matter how mild it may seem
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol-including prescription pain medication
- Recent operations or acute injuries
- Skin diseases
Our therapists can offer massage/therapy but not over any areas affected by:
- Varicose veins
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Pregnancy – Pregnancy Massage Available
- Undiagnosed pain
- Inflammation, including arthritis
On arrival you will be asked if you suffer from any of the following conditions, therapy/massage can only take place once it has been approved. Please bring approval in writing by your health care provider.
- Cardio-vascular conditions (thrombosis, phlebitis, hypertension, heart conditions)
- Any condition already being treated by a medical practitioner
- Psoriasis or eczem
- High blood pressure
- Nervous or psychotic conditions
- Heart problems, angina, those with pacemakers
- Bell’s palsy, trapped or pinched nerves
- Gynecological infections
If you have further questions or concerns, please contact your health care provider.
Some forms of Therapy are not recommended for women who are pregnant, please seek advise or ask to speak to our qualified Therapists about Preganancy Massage.
Pregnancy Massage is only available from the 2nd trimester onwards. If you have any complications during your pregancy please speak to your healthcare provider regarding treatments.