You are ready to take on our shooting experience if:
- You are over 10 years of age.
- You are able to understand and follow basic safety instructions.
- You have no alcohol in your blood.
Special caution should be taken if:
- You suffer with back problems.
- You have a dislocated a shoulder in the past.
- You have osteoporosis or a similar bone illness.
- You are unable to lift and draw a bow.
- You feel you are unable to handle a weapon for any reason.
If you are concerned about any of the above statements or need to let a member of staff know something it is important that you do this before booking. Visit our contact us page to get in touch.
- There are 4 choices of range, 1 for archery and 3 shooting ranges.
- The 3 shooting ranges are designed to be used with air powered rifles or pistols. There is a carnival style range, an instant LED target speed range and a 12m variable distance target range.
- The archery range is intended for standard long bows.
- There are 3 designated shooter positions per lane.
- Range one has been created in a carnival style with knock down, moving targets. It is the perfect range for the younger ones in your group.
- Range two has been designed for pistols with speed and accuracy in mind. Go head to head with your opponents by firing at instant light up LED targets in a battle to accrue the most points. The speed range uses the most up-to-date scoring system which keeps track of your scores as you accumulate your own points and, if you're quick enough, the chance to claim your friends' points too!
- Range 3 is our specially designed 12m archery range with floating targets and 3 shooting positions, complete with quiver stations.
- Range 4 is our 12m precision firing range. With variable distance targets, which can be operated by an electronic switch, you can send your personal target away to several points on the wire or bring it home to check out how you did and change your paper target. To be used with either pistols or rifles.
- Each package comes complete with your weapon or bow hire, a standard amount of ammunition or arrows, basic targets and an instructor to guide you through your session.
- A variety of weapons upgrades can be purchased at the beginning of your session. Additional time and ammunition can be purchased at the end so that you can continue to get your eye in.
How long before my session do I need to arrive
- Customers need to arrive on site 45 minutes before their session for check in, safety briefings and orientation time. Failure to do this may result in you missing your session.
Do I need a licence?
- No, you do not need a gun licence to experience air rifle and pistol shooting. We will show you the basics and give you hints and tips on how to hone your marksmanship skills.
What is the minimum age that you have to be to take part?
- The minimum age for archery and shooting is 10 years old.
Is there a minimum height or weight for taking part?
- No. but all participants must be able to handle a gun and be able to pull the trigger.
How many people can take part at the same time?
- Three people are able to shoot at the same time. This means you are able to compete with up to two other people at once. Our standard sessions are 30 minutes and have a maximum of 6 people per session. Larger groups booking private hire can take turns to go head to head with one another throughout the session and collect scores at the end.
I have a bad back, shoulder or neck. Should I shoot?
- The air guns used on our range do not produce a 'kick back' like a shot gun or live firearm. However, the guns require a certain amount of strength and mobility to hold them steady and to pull the trigger effectively. If you have a mild back or neck problem that wouldn't be effected by this, then as long as you are aware of the risks, we would be happy to allow you to take part.
- If you are in any doubt we would advise you talk to your doctor before making your booking.
Can I get injured?
- Our safety briefing and instructor's supervision throughout the session is designed to give every person on the range the necessary knowledge to prevent an incident happening.
- We also provide goggles to all lanegoers to protect against stray projectiles.
What equipment do we need?
- Twinwoods supplies the equipment you need to shoot in our sessions. There is no separate charge or hire fee for these unless you have chosen to privately hire* a lane without instruction. All you need to bring is your gift voucher or booking confirmation and comfortable clothing.
I wear glasses or contact lenses, do I have to wear goggles?
- Despite the weapons being relatively low powered, due to the speed of the projectiles you must wear eye protection to prevent potential injury as the pellets and ball bearings can ricochet.
Is there a viewing gallery/area?
- Spectators are welcome to sit and watch the shooters. Inside the range there is a small seating area. All spectators must also watch the safety briefing if they are to enter the range.
Can I bring my own equipment?
- Twinwoods supplies the equipment you need to shoot as part of a standard session. But you can chose to privately hire a lane and are welcome to bring along your own equipment provided it meets with our approval. You can purchase extra ammunition and CO2 cartridges from our shop but we cannot guarantee the gauges we carry in stock are correct for your own gun.
Can I hire equipment?
- Yes you can hire a gun for a small fee and purchase ammunition from our shop for use on the range you have privately hired. Unused ammunition is non refundable.